By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 conion, chopped
1/4 tsphot pepper sauce
1 tsplemon juice
10 ozspinach, chopped, frozen
4potatoes, baked and chilled
1/2 lbham, cooked and chopped
How to Make Second-Time Casserole
- Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan; add onion and cook until tender.
- Blend in flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in milk, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, nutmeg and spinach.
- Peel cooked potatoes; cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- Place a layer of potatoes in a greased 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle with half the ham and half the spinach sauce.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, ham and sauce.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven 45 minutes, or until heated through.
- NOTE: To bake potatoes: Scrub, dry and prick with a fork.
- Bake in preheated 425 oven 55 to 65 minutes, or until soft.
- Chill before slicing.