By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- hot pepper sauce
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 5/8 tsp
- 10 oz
- spinach, chopped, frozen
- potatoes, baked and chilled
- 1/2 lb
- ham, cooked and chopped
How to Make Second-Time Casserole
- 1Melt butter in a medium-size saucepan; add onion and cook until tender.
- 2Blend in flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and hot pepper sauce.
- 3Stir in milk, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, nutmeg and spinach.
- 5Peel cooked potatoes; cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- 6Place a layer of potatoes in a greased 2-quart casserole; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 7Sprinkle with half the ham and half the spinach sauce.
- 8Repeat with remaining potatoes, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, ham and sauce.
- 9Bake in preheated 375 oven 45 minutes, or until heated through.
- 10NOTE: To bake potatoes: Scrub, dry and prick with a fork.
- 11Bake in preheated 425 oven 55 to 65 minutes, or until soft.
- 12Chill before slicing.