Sea Salt and Citrus Brined Grilled Pork Chops
- 1/2-3/4in. pork chops
- 2 qt
- water, divided
- 1/2 c
- sea salt(more if the salt is very coarse)
- 1/2 c
- honey(or brwn. sugar)
- orange, juiced
- lime, juiced
- lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp
- zest from each fruit
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne
- several grinds of black pepper
How to Make Sea Salt and Citrus Brined Grilled Pork Chops
- 1Boil one cup of the water and stir in the salt and honey to dissolve. Add this to the remaining cold water.
- 2Add the juices, zest and spices and stir to combine. Chill in fridge until mixture is cool. (a quicker method to cool the brine is to add a few ice cubes.)
- 3Place the chops in a non-reactive container and pour the brine over.
- 4Place in fridge and allow the meat to brine for 6-12 hrs.
- 5About 30 min. before you're ready to cook, take the chops out of the fridge, rinse them well and let them sit at room temp.
- 6Heat a grill, grill pan or heavy skillet over med-hi heat. Add a light coating of oil to the grill or grill pan, or brush the chops with oil. Put them on the grill or the pan and cook for approximately 4-5 min. per side(or until your preferred level of doneness.)