Sea Salt and Citrus Brined Grilled Pork Chops
61/2-3/4in. pork chops
2 qtwater, divided
1/2 csea salt(more if the salt is very coarse)
1/2 choney(or brwn. sugar)
1/2 tspzest from each fruit
1/4 tspgarlic powder
·pinch of cayenne
·several grinds of black pepper
How to Make Sea Salt and Citrus Brined Grilled Pork Chops
- Boil one cup of the water and stir in the salt and honey to dissolve. Add this to the remaining cold water.
- Add the juices, zest and spices and stir to combine. Chill in fridge until mixture is cool. (a quicker method to cool the brine is to add a few ice cubes.)
- Place the chops in a non-reactive container and pour the brine over.
- Place in fridge and allow the meat to brine for 6-12 hrs.
- About 30 min. before you're ready to cook, take the chops out of the fridge, rinse them well and let them sit at room temp.
- Heat a grill, grill pan or heavy skillet over med-hi heat. Add a light coating of oil to the grill or grill pan, or brush the chops with oil. Put them on the grill or the pan and cook for approximately 4-5 min. per side(or until your preferred level of doneness.)