Schnitzel - Thin Breaded German Pork Chops
Goes great with egg noodles or spaetzel. Just add a thin brown gravy and the magic happens. LOL
- 4 medium
- lean pork chops
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- flour for dredging
- beaten eggs for dipping
- breadcrumbs for coating
- oil or shortening for frying.
How to Make Schnitzel - Thin Breaded German Pork Chops
- 1Prepare the meat by trimming off the fat.
Flatten or pound it, without tearing, to a uniform 1/4 inch thickness.
Season with a mixture of salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2For the next steps, you should handle the meat with a fork or
you will have a mess on your fingers.
Dredge the meat in flour until well coated.
Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl.
Dip the chops into the eggs and cover them with breadcrumbs.
- 3Leave the breaded meat rest on a cookie sheet
or on a wire rack for a while (15 minutes) to give the breading a chance to adhere better.
- 4Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
- 5Heat the fat in a large skillet.
Cook the Schnitzel on both sides until they are nicely browned.
When all of them are finished put them into the pre-heated oven for about 1/2 hour.
NOTE: This last important step allows the seasonings to be absorbed by the meat.