★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- sausage (i use jimmie dean, regular or hot)
- green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium
- onion, cut in strips
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- sandwich buns/rolls or flour tortillas
- marinara sauce (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil or other oil
How to Make Sausage Sandwiches
- 1Over medium heat add oil to frying pan. Add green pepper and onion, saute till almost tender. Add garlic and continue to saute for about a minute. Remove to a paper towel or paper bag to drain.
- 2Brown sausage in same pan. Drain oil from pan when sausage is done. Add green peppers, onions & garlic back to pan to heat through.
- 3Spoon some of this mixture into Bread rolls or tortillas or pita bread whatever you have on hand. If you are using marinara sauce add a couple of spoonfuls to the top of the meat mixture. Now top with cheese.