Sausage Cheese Breakfast Hot Dish
Whenever I take this to a breakfast or brunch get together, it is gone within 15 minutes!!!!
If I make this just for hubby and I, I cut it up into serving size squares and wrap in plastic wrap, then whenever we want one we just pop a square in the microwave for 2 ½ to 3 minutes (remove plastic wrap and put on microwave safe plate).
Great for people on the run in the morning!
- 2 lb
- 3 c
- milk (divided)
- 1 tsp
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 c
- croutons, plain
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup (10 1/2 oz.)
How to Make Sausage Cheese Breakfast Hot Dish
- 1Brown the sausage and drain. (If using the Crumbles, you don't need to brown them).
Pour into the bottom of a
greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.
- 2Beat the eggs. Add 2 ½ cups of the milk and mix well.
Pour over the sausage and cheese mixture. Top with the croutons. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3Next morning, preheat oven to 300°. Mix together the cream of mushroom soup, mustard and the ½ cup of milk, and pour over the top of the casserole.
- 4Bake for 1 ½ hours at 300°.
- 5* Psssst - sometimes I cheat and use Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles if I decide I want to make this at the last minute (late the night before). I use 3 bags (9 oz each).