- 8 oz. pkg. elbow macaroni
- 1/2 lb
- loose sausage meat
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, thinnly sliced
- green sweet bell pepper, thinnly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 c
- american cheese, grated
How to Make Sausage and Macaroni Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to400 degrees.
Prepare deep 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with non stick spray.
- 2Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
Fry sausage, onion and green bell pepper until lightly browned.
Stir in flour and salt.
Cool overlow heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
Place alternate layers of macaroni and cheese in a prepared casserole dish.
Pour sauce over all.
Top with cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.