Sausage and Cabbage Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- breakfast sausage
- 1 medium
- onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 lb
- cabbage, cored and cut in 1" pieces
- 16 oz
- tomatoes, canned whole and undrained
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- oregano, dried
- 1.5 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- water, cold
How to Make Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- 1Crumble sausage into a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non - metallic casserole and add onion; heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 7 minutes or until sausage is cooked and onion is tender.
- 2Stir frequently; drain off excess fat.
- 3Add cabbage, tomatoes, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- 4Heat, covered, in microwave oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 5In a small cup mix flour and water until smooth; gradually stir flour mixture into sausage mixture.
- 6Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 3 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.