Sausage and Cabbage Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbbreakfast sausage
1 mediumonion, coarsely chopped
2 lbcabbage, cored and cut in 1" pieces
16 oztomatoes, canned whole and undrained
1/2 Tbsporegano, dried
1/4 cwater, cold
How to Make Sausage and Cabbage Casserole
- Crumble sausage into a deep, 3-quart, heat-resistant, non - metallic casserole and add onion; heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 7 minutes or until sausage is cooked and onion is tender.
- Stir frequently; drain off excess fat.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Heat, covered, in microwave oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- In a small cup mix flour and water until smooth; gradually stir flour mixture into sausage mixture.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven 3 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.