Sauerkraut & Mini Cheese Smokies
I grew up with alot of German cooking and loved it. I passed my love to my family.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 lb
- refrigerated sauerkraut, drained
- 2 pkg
- smoked chesse cocktail sauages
- 2 tsp
- caraway seeds
- juniper berries
- 1 1/2 c
- 6-9 medium
- yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/4 c
- evaporated milk
- 1 stick
- of salt & pepper
How to Make Sauerkraut & Mini Cheese Smokies
- 1Spray or line your slow-cooker. Add the sauerkraut and smokies, stir to mix well. Add the caraway and juniper berries and fold in. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
- 2Boil potatoes and drain. Add potaotes, butter, evaporated milk, salt and pepper to a lg. mixing bowl and whip until fluffy.
- 3I put a couple of scoops of potates into a soup dish and then ladle the sauerkraut mixture on top. Serve with warm,buttered,sour dough bread slices.