I found this recipe in my local newspaper last year and made this New Years eve..my husband loved it..
You can use Sausage or Kielbasi..I used Kielbasi and I used Barvarian Kraut..soooo good!
- tube refrigerated pizza crust, or i use homemade
- 1 to 1 /4 lb
- bulk sausage, or i have used kielbasi
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fennel seed, divided
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese or i used shredded swiss cheese
- 1 - 15 oz
- can pizza sauce, i use delgrosso pepperoni flavor
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz
- can italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 - 14 oz
- can sauerkraut, drained well, i used barvarian
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Sauerkraut Pizza
- 1Preheat oven at 450°.
- 2Press pizza dough onto a lightly greased 14-in. round pizza pan. Sprinkled with cornmeal.
Bake for 4 minutes. Set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, cook the sausage or kielbasi, onion, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, oregano, basil, and garlic until the sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain.
- 4Sprinkle crust with 1/2 cup Mozzarella or Swiss cheese.
Spread with pizza sauce, sausage mixture, tomatoes, sauerkraut, and remaining fennel seed and mozzarella.