Sauerkraut My Grandma's Way
- 2 lb
- sauerkraut, slightly drained, i use the bagged variety
- 3 large
- onions, sliced
- apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3-4 lb
- pork roast, boston butt or spare ribs
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic with parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb
How to Make Sauerkraut My Grandma's Way
- 1Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- 2Layer slightly drained sauerkraut, sliced onions and apples in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- 3Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic over pork. Lay on top of sauerkraut. Cover roaster. Bake for 1 3/4 hours.
- 4Add kielbasa, cut into 2-3 inch pieces to roaster and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- 5I serve this dish just like my grandma did. Mashed potatoes, homemade applesauce and a good dark rye along with a good beer. Not the prettiest dish color wise with everything being the same color, but delicious never the less.