Saturday Sausage Tortellini Soup
- links sweet italian sausage, chopped (or use equivalent amount bulk sausage crumbled), cooked
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, sliced very thin
- 3-4 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (i used 1 can of fire roasted garlic flavor)
- beef bouillon, cubes
- 4 c
- 1/4 c
- cream sherry (could also use marsala, or another dry red wine)
- 2 Tbsp
- oregano, dried
- basil, fresh (5-6 leaves, chopped)
- 20 oz
- tortellini, cheese stuffed (or flavor of choice)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Saturday Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 1In a large soup pot, cook sausage in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until no longer pink. Drain well in a colander.
- 2In the same pot, saute the onion & garlic over medium heat until the onion is translucent. (Add another Tbsp of olive oil if needed)
- 3Add in the remaining ingredients, except the tortellini.
- 4Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat to low & simmer for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Add in the tortellini and cook another 15 mins, or until pasta is tender.
- 6Serve with Parmesan cheese on top, if using. Also delicious with a side salad & a hearty crusty bread with butter.