Root Beer pulled pork
This is another big group recipe, so, as with my potato salad recipe, it can be reduced to feed a smaller army. ;)
I promise you, this is a simple, easy to make recipe that will impress anyone. The slow cooker and root beer make all the difference.
- 6 lb
- pork tenderloin (you may use any cut you like)
- 3-12 oz can(s)
- barq's root bear
- 3-18 oz. bottle
- jack daniel's no. 7 bbq sauce (blue label)
- 3 Tbsp
- garlic powder, for rubbing
- 1 Tbsp
- salt, for rubbing
- 2 Tbsp
- ground black pepper, for rubbing
- hamburger buns, lightly buttered and toasted
How to Make Root Beer pulled pork
- 1Begin by rubbing the garlic powder, salt and pepper into the meat. Poke holes all over meat with fork to absorb more of the cooking liquids.
- 2Place prepared meat into a large slow cooker. Pour root beer over the meat. Pour BBQ sauce over root beer and meat. Turn meat to coat. Cover and cook on the *LOWEST* setting for 8-9 hours.
- 3Once cooking has finished, place meat into large bowl and shred with 2 forks. place back into slow cooker, toss meat in juices to coat. Heat for an additional 15 minutes.
- 4Split hamburger buns and place on cookie sheet. Lightly butter, then place in 400 F oven for 7 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Place heated pork onto buns. Serve warm.