How to Make Roast Pork
- Place meat in a roasting pan or baking dish lined with foil for wrapping, fat side up. Pour 1/2 cup water over meat. Wipe meat with cold damp cloth. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap not too tightly, making sure none of the roast is exposed.
- Bake in very hot oven at 475 degrees for 15 minutes. Baste; reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 5-6 hours.
- Drain broth into small sauce pan and set roast aside to rest; keep roast covered.
- Add more salt to taste into broth, if necessary and bring to a simmer. Thicken broth with paste made from 2 Tbsp. flour and 1/4 cup cold water for gravy.
- Slice pork roast with electric knife to desired thickness and serve with gravy.