Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes
Serve with sweet potatoes seasoned with red pepper flakes, s&p and drizzled with olive oil.
Serve with a side of sweet and sour red cabbage or fresh broccoli. For dessert Cookie base lemon glazed bars.
Recipe from William Sonoma cooking workshop.
- pork tenderloins, each 10-12 oz.
- coarse kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 c
- light molasses
- 1/4 c
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 1/2
- pounds orange flesh sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 4 potatoes)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- shallot , minced
- 1/2 c
- low-sodium chicken broth
How to Make Roast Pork with Sweet Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 400^. Season the pork tenderloins lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a small bowl stir together the molasses, rosemary, mustard and half the pepper flakes. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes,remaining pepper flakes and 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with s&p and toss to coat the potatoes evenly. Brush a large foil lined and rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet in a single layer, leaving a space in the center of the pan(that's where the tenderloins will go, later).
Place pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- 3In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining olive oil; add the pork and brown on all sides, about 6 minutes.(do not wash skillet, will use later)
Remove potatoes from the oven and place the pork in the center,. Brush the pork and potatoes with some of the molasses mixture.
- 4Return pan to the oven and roast until the potatoes are tender and the meat registers 145^ on an instant-read thermometer , about 15 minutes. Remove all to a warm platter.
Using the same skillet above and only 1 Tablespoon of the fat in the pan, add the shallot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring to scrape up the browned bits in pan,until shallot begins to soften. Add the remaining molasses mixture and the broth and bring to a boil, stirring and simmer until the sauce thicken slightly about 4 minutes. Slice the pork and drizzle with the sauce. Serve remaining sauce at the table.