Ribs Glorious Ribs!
- 3 lb
- pork or beef ribs - not precooked
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tbsp ketchup
- 3/4 c
- minus 2 tbsp tomato sauce (basically have 1/4c plus 2tsp katsup, the rest tomato sauce to equal 1 cup)
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tbsp bbq sauce (i use jack daniels original)
- 1/4 c
- plus 2tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 3/4 tsp
- lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- plus 1/4 tsp steak sauce (i use a1 original)
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- favorite dry rub (you can make this, i like von hansons or lawrey's seasoning salt)
How to Make Ribs Glorious Ribs!
- 1If you choose to boil these, and have the time to do so, be my guest. Will just make them more tender.
Place cleaned ribs in a large stock pot with enough water to just cover ribs. Bring water to boil and cook over med-high for an hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°. If you did not boil ribs, take them out of the refrigerator to take the chill off of them for about 10 minutes or so.
- 3For Sauce:
In saucepan, combine ketchup, tomato sauce, bbq sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce (optional), steak sauce and garlic and stir to mix well. Cook over medium for about 20 minutes or so.
- 4Remove ribs from pot if you boiled first.
If you did not boil, start ribs at this point.
Take and place you favorite steak or meat rub onto both sides of the ribs.
Take aluminum foil piece, place the ribs on the foil and pull up on all the sides making a "tent" of about 3 to 4 inches, (pour a little water into the bottom to keep ribs moist, so they steam a bit) tightly wrap to make sure steam does not escape and place the ribs onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake in the oven for 1 hr NO PEAKING.
From here, you can either:
Open the "tent" place the sauce on the ribs and leave them inside the oven to continue to cook 10-20 min with the "tent" opened. After ribs are done, reseal the tent and allow to rest for 10 minutes or so.
Or take to the grill for the last 10-20 minutes. After they are done, Place them in foil, pour over the sauce and create your "tent" allowing them to rest for 10-20 minutes allowing them to absorb the flavors of the sauce.