Quick Sausage and Peppers with Kale
- 3 lb
- mild and/or hot italian sausage in casings or in bulk. i usually use 1 pound mild and 2 hot.
- bellpeppers mixed in color sliced
- 1 large
- onion sliced
- 3 clove
- garlic chopped
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried italian seasoning to taste
- 3 large
- potatoes sliced
- 1 can(s)
- corn optional
- cayenne pepper optional
How to Make Quick Sausage and Peppers with Kale
- 1Take the sausage out of the casings and begin browning sausage
- 2when sausage is mostly brown add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute.
- 3After about 5 minutes add the cans of tomatoes and potatoes and at this point you can add the corn. Simmer on med-low and cover.
This is the best time to season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. If you want it to be spicier you can add cayenne pepper.
- 4After about 10-15 minutes check for flavor and when potatoes are soft add the kale and turn off burner let sit for about 5 minutes and serve. I usually serve on top of rice or even mash potatoes.