Queso Chorizo Stuffed Shells
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- chorizo sausage-casings removed
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 c
- my homemade queso-see my posted recipe for ingredients-or use jarred or your own homemade queso
- 1 can(s)
- ro tel tomatoes with chilies
- 2 jar(s)
- salsa-any brand
- mexican crema-or sour cream
- colby jack-or sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses-shredded
- 1 box
- cooked large shell noodles-drained and cooled
- pickled jalepeno peppers if desired
How to Make Queso Chorizo Stuffed Shells
- 1Pre heat oven to 350
In a large skillet, brown chorizo and ground beef-drain well and return to pan.
Add in ro tel tomatoes and 1 cup of queso-reserve half a cup.
***at this stage if desired-add jalapenos***
Stir well and remove from heat.
- 2In a baking dish, pour 1 jar of salsa.
Stuff meat mixture into shells and place in pan on top of salsa.
Top shells with remaining jar of salsa.
- 3pour on remaining queso and top with shredded cheeeses of choice.
Bake covered for 20 mins, uncovered for 15 or until cheeses are bubbling
- 4When cooked, before serving, dollop with Crema or Sour cream and top with any of your favorite taco toppings!
Enjoy this dish!