Puerto Rican shredded pork
How to Make Puerto Rican shredded pork
- Poke holes in pork with a sharp knife. Insert peeled garlic cloves into holes. Brown roast on all sides in olive oil.
- Peel or cut off peel of fruit. Put in blender or juicer. Blend until liquid. Add cumin and oregano. Blend.
- Pour juice into slow cooker and add pork. Or if using a Ninja cooking system after browning pork in Ninja add juice. Turn setting to low and timer to 8 hours. Turn pork every couple of hours while cooking.
- Remove pork and all liquid except one cup. Shred pork using forks to pull the meat a part. Add back to cooker and mix liquid with shredded pork. Heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas and guacamole.