Pressed Cuban Sandwich
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a terrifically tasty and warm sandwich that will fill the bill for lunch OR supper! I cannot wait to serve them to company. The Test Kitchen
- hoagie rolls
- 1 lb
- pork tenderloin
- 18 slice
- deli ham (black forest ham works well)
- 9 slice
- dill pickle
- 3/4 c
- shredded swiss cheese
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 Tbsp
- 6 tsp
- yellow mustard
How to Make Pressed Cuban Sandwich
- 1Roast the tenderloin, as directed. (usually 20 min per pound @ 375*), let it rest 10-15 minutes. Slice fairly thin, against the grain.
- 2Split Hoagies and spread mayonnaise on the inside of both rolls. Put mustard on the inside of top roll.
- 3Now assemble the swiss cheese on the bottom, then a layer of roasted pork, 3 slices of ham (folded to fit), 1 1/2 slices pickle, and then the top of hoagie.
- 4Heat skillet to medium, or use a George Foreman (works very well). Spread outside of sandwich with butter or margarine, then grill until golden brown. If using a skillet, press sandwich with a spatula, then flip and press again.