Potato and Sausage Fritatta
Realizing I had half a bag of frozen hash brown potatoes, I decided to make a fritatta, using things I had. There's a recipe on the bag, and I substituted the herbs and cheese, because I didn't have the ones listed; and I added four sausage patties that I chopped and browned first. It was delicious and so easy!
Since I didn't take a picture of it fresh out of the oven, I decided to reheat some in the morning for a picture and for "breakfast". It is great for breakfast also!
- 1/2 pkg
- frozen hash brown potatoes, or 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 1/4 c
- grated cheese, bistro, three flavors with cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground black papper
- 3 Tbsp
- chives, minced
- frozen pork sausage patties, chopped and browned
How to Make Potato and Sausage Fritatta
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; and spray oil in a Dutch Oven or other deep casserole. Place the potatoes in the Dutch Oven and bake for twenty minutes. Remove from the oven and top with one cup of cheese. After browning the sausage drain it. When done add sausage to the casserole and top with one-quarter cup of cheese.
- 2While the potatoes are baking,beat eggs, hvy.cream and sour cream, and add salt, pepper, and chives. Set aside until potatoes have baked for first twenty minutes. Pour over the layers of cheese and sausage. Return to bake for one hour, uncovered.