★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbpork chops, boneless
3 Tbspolive oil
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 stickbutter, unsalted
1 1/2 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
1 1/2 TbspCapers, small
How to Make Pork Scallopini
- Heat a 12-inch heavy skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until hot, add oil and heat until it shimmers.
- Stir together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, pat chops dry and dredge in flour, knocking off excess.
- Cook chops in 2 batches, turning once, until browned and just cooked through, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
- Discard oil from skillet, then add butter and cook over medium heat, shaking skillet frequently, until browned and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, capers, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper to butter in skillet
- Return chops to skillet, coat in sauce, and heat through