How to Make Pork Roulade
- Preheat oven to 400*. Have at the ready a roasting pan with a rack.
- Butterfly tenderloin by slicing lengthwise almost all the way through, to about 1/4 inch. Cover with plastic wrap and pound with meat mallet to about 1/6 to 1/8 inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Season both sides of the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
- Layer pancetta, then provolone, then spinach onto the tenderloin. Roll tightly, secure with cotton twine.
- Place rolled tenderloin into the roasting pan. Cover and bake at 400* for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350*. Continue to bake for 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160*.
- Once temperature reaches 160*, remove from oven and rest 5-10 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, make a pan sauce from the drippings. Serve slices of the roulade with the sauce.
- **I frequently change the stuffing ingredients. I have used sun dried tomatoes, feta, and spinach; gruyere, ham, and asparagus; bacon, mushroom, and mozzarella; sausage and spinach. Use your imagination!