Pork Roast with Tomatillo Cream Sauce
- 1 lb
- tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed and halved
- 4 clove
- garlic, peeled and halved
- jalepeno pepper,(s) seeded and chopped in large pieces ( use one but if you want it spicier use 2)
- 1 tsp
- 2/3 c
- cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 small
- white onion, finely chopped and rinsed under cold water
- 4.5 to 5.5 lb
- pork shoulder roast
- we use alpine touch for seasoning, has salt pepper, garlic powder and onion powder
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- cold water
- 2/3 c
- sour cream
(YOU CAN MAKE THIS THE DAY BEFORE)
How to Make Pork Roast with Tomatillo Cream Sauce
- 1Place a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Place the tomatillos and garlic cut side down in the pan. After 3-5 minutes, or until the tomatillos are dark brown, flip them all over and cook another 3-5 minutes. Scrap into a blender and let come to room temperature. (about 5 minutes) Add peppers, onion, salt and cilantro. Blend until smoothly chopped. If necessary add 2 tbsp water.
- 2Trim large fat pieces off your roast. Completely season the entire roast with Alpine Touch or salt mix of your choice. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Coat the outside with the Tomatillo Sauce. Pour remaining sauce in the slow cooker.
- 3Place the roast in your slow cooker and cook on low for 10 hours or until the roast pulls apart easily. Once done, carefully scrape most of the tomatillo sauce off the roast. Place the roast on a serving tray and cover with foil.
- 4Turn slow-cooker on high or pour liquid into a sauce pan, scraping all the good pieces from the bottom. Mix the cornstarch and cold water together and whisk into sauce. Turn down heat to low and after thickening, stir in the sour cream. Taste and add salt as needed.
- 5Serve Pork Roast with potatoes or rice. Ladle sauce over pork and potatoes/rice