Pork Roast with Gravy
3 to 4 lbboneless pork loin roast
·salt, pepper, flour, canola oil
1 pkglipton onion soup mix
1fistful of flour
1 1/2 cwater, seperated into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
2 dash(es)gravy master or kitchen bouquet
How to Make Pork Roast with Gravy
- wash and pat dry meat. season with salt and pepper, rub lightly with flour.
- in hot frying pan, fry meat in 2 Tablespoons of oil -- starting with the fatty side, then flipping to the not fatty side last as it may stick and need to be released with water. turn until browned on all sides.
- after its browned, if you can remove it easily, transfer to dutch oven or covered baking dish. If its a little stuck, pour some of the first cup of water into the pan to release meat and put it in the dutch oven.
- add the rest of the cup of water to pan drippings to release browned pieces stuck in pan, add soup mix and gravy master.
- while stirring, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- pour mixture over roast, cover and bake in oven at 350 for 2 to 3 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees (safe for pork)
- when meat thermometer shows you that the roast is done, remove from oven and put roast on serving platter.
- strain gravy to remove onions, then put them in a frypan.
- using a fat seperating measuring cup, seperate fat from gravy and discard it. put gravy in the pan with the onions on stove. bring to a boil
- mix fistful of flour (about 4 or 5 Tablespoons) with 1/2 cup water and slowly mix it into pan.
- return to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 or 3 minutes or until gravy thickens slightly.