Pork Roast With Flavor Pockets
1 8 lbpork loin roast
1 tspfennel seeds, rubbed between palms of hands to bring out aroma
1/2 tsporegano leaves, crushed
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/2bay leaf, crushed
1/8 tspground cloves
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried
1 tspminced onion
1clove garlic, minced
How to Make Pork Roast With Flavor Pockets
- Place pork roast fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan just large enough to hold roast. In bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Make flavor pockets by piercing meat with a knife to 1 in depth. Move tip of knife side to side to enlarge pocket. Make pockets at 2" to 3" intervals over top side of roast and make slits the long way of the roast so that when slicing the meat you will cut across the slit.
- Place 1/2 tsp of flavor mixture in each pocket with fingers and close pocket with fingers. Rub any remaining mixture over roast.
- Roast meat, uncovered, in slow to moderate oven (325-350 degrees) allowing 30-35 Minutes per pound or until meat thermometer indicates internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Remove roast from oven about 20 minutes before serving. Make gravy with drippings in roasting pan. Makes about 8 servings.