Pork Roast, Gravy & Mashed Taters
Diane Hopson Smith
I didn't have dry onion soup mix so I made my own. Most cooks will have the needed ingredients in their pantry.
Dry Onion Soup Mix
Hope you enjoy!
Adapted from recipe on PooreAmy Blog
1(4-lb) pork roast (i used boston butt with bone)
1(1-oz) package dry onion soup mix
1 cbeef stock
2 Tbspsoy sauce
·black pepper to taste
2 Tbspgarlic, minced (i used jarred)
·cornstarch to thicken gravy
How to Make Pork Roast, Gravy & Mashed Taters
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Combine dry onion soup mix, water, beef stock, soy sauce and pepper; pour over roast.
NOTE: If you don't have dry onion soup mix on hand, you may have the ingredients on hand to make your own. Dry Onion Soup Mix
- Spread mixed garlic over top of roast.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. About 1 hour before it's done, start basting with the sauce in bottom of crockpot. With 10 minutes remaining; flip roast to mix in garlic.
- Remove roast from crockpot.
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons of cornstarch to drippings to thicken gravy. Slice or fork shred roast and serve over mashed potatoes and spoon gravy on top.