Pork ribs in raspberry chipotle sauce
- two medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 pounds country style pork ribs
- one jar seedless raspberry preserves, 18 ounces
- 1/3 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- one canned chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
- fresh raspberries, optional
- snipped fresh rosemary, optional
How to Make Pork ribs in raspberry chipotle sauce
- 1place onions in a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker. Trim fat from ribs. Place ribs on top of onions. In a blender mix preserves, Apple cider, vinegar, and chipotle pepper. Cover and blend until smooth. Remove 1 1/4 cups of the raspberry mixture for sauce. Cover and chill until needed. Pour remaining raspberry mixture over ribs.
- 2Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Before serving, for sauce, in medium pan heat the reserved raspberry mixture over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer for five minutes.
- 3Using tongs, transfer ribs and onions to a serving dish. Discard cooking liquid. Spoon some of the sauce over ribs and onions. If desired, garnish with raspberries and Rosemary. Pass the remaining sauce. Serves 4 to 6.