How to Make Pork Rack Roast
- Rub the Pork Rack with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary and olive oil. Coat all sides of the rack. I marinate it overnight! .
- The next day place Pork Rack on your preheated grill ...we use charcoal...you could use gas or charcoal.Sear until grill marks are visible on all sides ..ends and bottoms. This will seal in juices to keep the meat moist.
- When all sides are grill marked, remove from grill and place in an ovenproof pan. Place the pan in a 450 degree oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degreees, insert a meat thermometeer and roast for an additional 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature in the center of rack reach 160 degrees. 4 1/2 roast should be about 20 minutes/lb ..equals 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow rack to rest for 15 minutes. Gently transfer rack to a warm serving tray, being careful to keep the bones standing.