★★★★★ 1 vote5
1pork picnic roast or a pork shoulder roast
1club sized can of white hominey
1large sweet onion chopped
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 1/2 tspgarlic salt
1 1/2 tspblack pepper
2 can(s)favorite enchilada sauce large can
1head of cabbage chopped
4bunches of raddishes chopped
4bunches of green onions chopped
1package of flour or corn tortillas or biollios rolls optional
How to Make Pork Pozole
- You will need a large stew pan, the bigger the better.Fill with hot water and add your pork roast.
- Then you will add your sweet onion chopped to the pot,your salt, garlic salt and black pepper.
Cover and bring to a boil, then lower to a low heat and cover. You will need to check your water level through the day and make sure that it stays over the meat. You will be using this as a base for your stew.
- Towards the end of your cooking time you will want to start to shreed the meat from the bone with two forks and remove the bone and discard in trash.Please do not give to your family pet, for this is not good for their tummy.
- Then you will add your Enchilads sauce and can of Hominy with half the juice to pot. Stir and cover and cook about another 35 min.
- Serve in nice big stew bowls and garnish with green onion, cabbage and raddishes. My family uses the tortialls or rolls for dipping if you choose.