IM SORRY IF I SUCKED AT GIVING DIRECTIONS BUT PLEASE WATCH HER VIDEO FOR VISUAL!!
I learned this from watching a youtube video. Her channel is -- youtube.com/watch?v=x5uLl-Kd7po
3 lbpork shoulder roast
3 Tbspmeat tenderizer
2 qtchicken broth, low-fat
47 ozguajillo chili sauce
1 1/8 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbsponion powder
(2) 29 ozcanned hominy
IF YOU WILL BE WANTING GARNISH YOU WILL NEED:
1/2 bunchcilantro, fresh
IF YOUR WANTING TO MAKE YOUR CHILI SAUCE FROM SCRATCH YOU WILL NEED:
1 bag(s)guajillo chili's
How to Make Pork Posole
- Prep your pork shoulder, Trim fat rub with meat tenderizer, and cube into bite size pieces.
- In a large pot put your onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add pork shoulder and cook until browned (Not thoroughly cooked)
- Remove pork from large pot, put on plate or in dish.
- With the pork sitting aside, add your chicken broth and chili sauce. Then add your pork back in. Cover and turn up the heat. You want to have a hard boil for about 10 minutes to cook the pork.
- After its hard boiled for about 10 minutes turn it down to a medium. And let cook about an hour.
- After an hour add Hominy and let cook on medium for another 30 minutes.
- While your waiting for your hominy to cook up you can cut up half a small head of cabbage (Sliced), Radishes (Sliced), Cilantro (Chopped) and Limes (Halved)
- When the hominy's cooked for 30 minutes, you are done. Just Garnish and serve. (ADD SALT TO TASTE)
- Now if you are wanting to make the chili sauce. First off... I DO SUGGUEST WEARING GLOVES!! The sauce stains.
- Now, you will need to buy a bag of guajillo chili's. (They come in the dried form)
- Start boiling some water
- Once you have your bag of chili's you will want to pop the top off of them and seed them. try to make sure you get all the seeds possible out.
- DO NOT BOIL THE PEPPERS! Its like putting mace into the air of your house. That's never fun..
- Once they are seeded throw them into a glass bowl and add your boiled water.
- Cover with a plate so that the chili's are being pushed under the water. And let set for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minute they should be reconstituted. Now you will throw them in the blender with some of the juice from the bowl of peppers.
- Blend the peppers into sauce form.
- Use strainer to catch pulp and seeds from peppers. Repeats steps 17 - 19 until all peppers are blended.
- Measure out 47oz for the recipe and freeze the remaining sauce for next time.