Pork chops with peach salsa
- peach salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced peaches, about two medium peaches
- one half medium red onion, finely chopped
- one half large green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts
- one jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, leave the seeds in if you like more heat
- two cloves garlic, crushed
- one can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained, 10 ounces
- juice of one half lime
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- six boneless pork loin chops, 1 1/4 inches thick
- tasty pork chop seasoning, as needed, recipe follows
How to Make Pork chops with peach salsa
- 1to make the sauce, put the peaches, onion, Bell pepper, scallions, jalapeno, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the tomatoes and mix again. Add the lime juice, salt, and pepper and mix again. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Mix again and check that the salt seasoning is adequate. Cover and set aside at room temperature.
- 2Season the chops liberally on both sides with the tasty pork chop seasoning.
Prepare the grill for cooking over direct medium-high heat. Place the pork chops directly on the cooking grate. Cook for five minutes. Flip and cook for another four minutes for slightly pink and juicy, or to your desired degree of doneness. Remove to a platter and let rest for four minutes. To serve, top each chop with 1/2 cup of the salsa.
- 3tasty pork chop seasoning:
3 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon sugar in the raw
mix together and keep in an airtight container. Makes about 3/8 cup.