- 1-2 medium
- good cooking apples, pared, cored and sliced
- 1 c
- cooking onions, sliced
- 2 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb
- pork chops
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper or to taste perference
- 1/2 sprig(s)
- 3/4 c
- white wine or apple juice
How to Make Pork Chops with Onions and Apples
- 1Heat oil in heavy saucepan. Brown chops lightly. Remove and set aside. Drain off most of oil.
- 2Add onions and apples to saucepan. Cook down to caramelize apples and onions. Scraping the pan to get pork flavoring.
- 3Return chops to pan. Add rosemary, and liquid to braise. Cover pan and simmer until tender.
- 4Serve pork chops with apples and onions on top. I usually serve with baked or mashed potatoes, green salad, and another vegetable (a family favorite.)