Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon
·1/2 cup walnut piece
·8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
·1 cup chopped sweet yellow onion
·4 center cut boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
·rubbed dried sage
·1 large granny smith apple, cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
·1/2 cup dried cranberries
·1/4 tsp. apple pie spice
·3/4 cup apple cider
·1/4 cup maple syrup
How to Make Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon
- In large skillet, toast walnuts over medium high heat, stirring often. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add bacon to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes. Add onions and continue cooking til bacon is done and onions are browned and tender. Remove from skillet, reserving grease.
- Season pork chops on both sides with ginger and sage to taste. Place in skillet and cook in the bacon grease over medium high heat til browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove chops and carefully drain grease from skillet. Return chops to skillet. Add apple, dried cranberries, bacon and onions. Sprinkle with apple pie spice. Pour cider and maple syrup over all.
- Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Turn chops and cook for 5 minutes or til internal temperature is 155.
- Serve chops topped with the apple bacon mixture. Garnish with toasted walnuts. makes 4 servings.