Pork Chops In Mushrooom-Marsala Sauce
- boneless pork chops
- 2 -3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour (plain)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tsp
- vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb
- about 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 c
- dry marsala
- beef or chicken broth (stock)
How to Make Pork Chops In Mushrooom-Marsala Sauce
- 1Wash and dry the chops and pound flat. Cut each shop in half. Combine the flour, salt and pepper on a plate: add the chops and coat with the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the mushrooms, onion and garlic in batches until mushrooms are golden brown. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- 3Return the skillet to the heat, add a little more oil, and fry the chops until golden brown on both sides. Transfer the chips to a plate and keep warm: return the skillet to the heat and add the Marsala. Bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from the skillet, and cook until reduced slightly. Pour in about half the broth.
- 4Return the pork and vegetables to the skillet, cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, turning the chips occasionally, until the pork is cooked through, the mushrooms are tender, and the sauce is creamy (thin with a little more broth as needed) Season with salt and pepper and serve.