PORK CHOPS & French Onion Rice surprise, By Freda
This Idea, was Borrowed from Campbell's Kitchen. . .with a few adaptions of my own. The surprise is the Vegies added to this same dish.
Photo Credit goes to Campbells.
These are the Best I have had in a while, . . PLUS ITS SO SIMPLE!!!
PORK CHOPS & FRENCH ONION RICE SURPRISE
6bone in 1/2" pork chops ( you can use boneless also)
1 TBScooking oil ( vegetable)
1 can(10.5oz) campbells condensed french onion soup ( note: this is not the dry mix)
·season with pepper to taste
1 Stalkcelery, chopped ( about 1/2 cup)
1/4 tspthyme, crushed
1/2 Cup(uncooked) regular long grain white rice.
1/2 Cupfrozen peas and carrots ( optional surprise)
How to Make PORK CHOPS & French Onion Rice surprise, By Freda
- 1. place Flour in shallow plate.
2. Heat oil in pan to med high.
3. season chops with salt/Pepper.
4. Dredge Pork chops in flour
5. Add chops to Oil.
6. Cook Just to well browned on both sides.
(DO NOT COOK ALL THE WAY THRU, ONLY TIL BROWNED)
7. Pour off the fat.
- 8. Stir in the Soup, Water, Pepper, Celery, Thyme, and rice in the SAME PAN, Heat to a full boil.
10. COVER, & Reduce heat to Low.
11. Cook for 30 Minutes
or til pork is cooked thru and the Rice is tender.
12. Stir the Rice occasionally.
13. (Optional,) Toss in peas and carrots 10 min prior to Rice being cooked.
SERVE HOT and Enjoy.