Smothered Pork Chops and Stuffing
- porck chops
- 1 c
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- small onion, chopped
- small bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- salt,pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste
- 1 pkg
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 box
- stove top pork stuffing mix
- 1 3/4 c
- boiling water or broth
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops and Stuffing
- 1In a plate or flat bowl, season the flour with salt, garlic and onion powder and pepper, to taste
- 2Heat olive oil in large skillet while dredging the chops in the seasoned flour. Place seasoned chops in hot oil and brown each side. Reduce heat and continue cooking chops for approx 3 - 4 minutes per side. Remove chops from skillet.
- 3To the oil in the skillet, add the chopped onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and minced garlic. Saute' until veggies are soft and mushrooms are reduced.
- 4Add the wine to the skillet stirring and scraping to deglaze. Heat the water or broth to boil in microwave, then add to skillet. Bring to another boil. Turn off the heat and stir in the Stove Top stuffing mix.
- 5Place the stuffing into a prepared 9x13 baking dish and top with the chops.
- 6Mix the mushroom soup and buttermilk together. Add black pepper to taste. Pour this gravy over the chops. Cover dish with foil and bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes.