★★★★★ 2 votes5
- pork chops, your favorite cut
- onion, chopped
- 4 c
- instant rice, prepared according to package directions.
- 2 can(s)
- ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- salt, pepper, garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp
- oil, you want to just barely have it in the skillet, just to keep the chops from sticking
How to Make Pork Chops and Rice
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan. Prepare the rice as directed. While that is sitting, put oil in skillet and heat. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Brown quickly on both sides, placing into 13 x 9 pan as they get done. It is fine if they overlap.
- 2After the chops have all browned (but not cooked through) and are in the 13 x 9 pan, pour the prepared rice over the top of the pork chops. Get the rice down into all the little nooks and crannies formed by the pork chops.
- 3Sprinkle chopped onions over the rice. Spread the Ro-Tel over that (undrained). Cover pan with foil and bake in the oven for 1-1/2 hours or until the chops are tender and cooked through. To serve, dig down into the rice and place a pork chop on your plate with a serving of the wonderful rice. Enjoy!
- 4I love the rice, it gets seasoned from the seasonings of the pork chops and it soaks up the good juices that come out while they are cooking. It is also good leftover. I usually make more rice than we need just to have the leftovers!