☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4bone-in pork loin centre-cut chops (about 1-inch/2.5 cm thick)
3/4 tspsalt (4 ml)
3/4 tsppepper (4 ml)
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil (45 ml)
2 lbonions, about 5 (907 g)
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped (60 ml)
1/4 tspgranulated sugar (1 ml)
2 tspwhite wine vinegar (10 ml)
2 lbyukon gold potatoes, peeled (907 g)
1/2 tspdried thyme (2 ml)
3/4 csodium-reduced chicken broth (175 ml)
How to Make Pork Chops à la Grand-Mère
- Sprinkle chops with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat.
- In batches, brown chops, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plate. Drain any fat from pan.
- In food processor with slicing blade, cut onions into 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick slices.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat; cook onions, parsley, sugar and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the remaining salt and pepper, stirring often, until onions are golden, about 20 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, slice potatoes.
- In 12-cup (3 L) casserole, toss potatoes with thyme and remaining oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour broth over top. Place pork chops and any juices on potatoes; cover with onions.
- Cover and bake in 425F (220C) oven until potatoes are tender, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.