Pork Chop Marsala
This is a borrowed picture.
4pork loin chops, boneless 1/2
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
3 tspolive oil , divided
10 ozwhite mushrooms ; sliced
1/4 cchopped shallots
1/2 tspdried thyme or 1-1/2 fresh thyme
1/2 cchicken broth
1/3 cmarsala wine
How to Make Pork Chop Marsala
- Evenly season chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet heat up 2 teas. oil on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the chops and brown both sides until browned but still pink inside ; Transfer chops to a platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat the remaining teas.of oil for 1 minute.
- Add the sliced mushrooms , shallots and thyme ; cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and shallots are tender.
- Add the broth and wine to the mushroom mixture ; cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 teas. cold water and stir in slowly to the mushrooms sauce ; stir until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over top of warm chops and serve.