Pork Chop Marsala
This is a borrowed picture.
- pork loin chops, boneless 1/2
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp
- olive oil , divided
- 10 oz
- white mushrooms ; sliced
- 1/4 c
- chopped shallots
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme or 1-1/2 fresh thyme
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1/3 c
- marsala wine
- 1 tsp
How to Make Pork Chop Marsala
- 1Evenly season chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2In a non-stick skillet heat up 2 teas. oil on medium heat for 1 minute.
- 3Add the chops and brown both sides until browned but still pink inside ; Transfer chops to a platter and keep warm.
- 4In the same skillet heat the remaining teas.of oil for 1 minute.
- 5Add the sliced mushrooms , shallots and thyme ; cook for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and shallots are tender.
- 6Add the broth and wine to the mushroom mixture ; cook for 2 minutes longer.
- 7Mix cornstarch with 1 teas. cold water and stir in slowly to the mushrooms sauce ; stir until sauce thickens.
- 8Pour sauce over top of warm chops and serve.