Pork Chop and Onion and Rice Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1whole sweet onion chopped finely
2 cbeef broth, reduced sodium
1/4 ccelery (chopped)
2 Tbspdice pimento
2 Tbspfat or drippings
1 cuncooked rice
1 csliced muchrooms or 4 oz. canned mushrooms
How to Make Pork Chop and Onion and Rice Casserole
- Brown chops in fat. You need the fat in this recipe to balance the taste and it is minimal.
Preheat oven to 350'
- In a large bowl add all other ingredients together and stir to mix.
- Pour wet rice mixture into a 9x13 baking dish. Arrange the pork chops over the top of rice mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes to an hour at 350' or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from the oven. Uncover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and enjoy.