Pork and Shrimp Fried Rice
- 6 c
- 3 c
- rice, (not the quick cooking kind)
- red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 bunch
- scallions, chopped (including greens)
- boneless pork chops
- 2 c
- shrimp, small, cooked & shelled, cut into small chunks
- 1 can(s)
- bean sprouts, rinsed
- 1/4 c
- teriyaki sauce
- soy sauce, to taste
How to Make Pork and Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1In a large pot, combine water & rice. Bring to a boil & cook 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2Put rice in the refrigerator to cool, about 1-2 hours.
- 3When rice is cooled, gently rinse in cool water in a strainer to remove some of the gluten (stickiness). Drain well and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, add a small amount of Sesame oil in a Wok. Add Teriyaki sauce and cook pork until no longer pink. Cut up pork into small chunks. Set aside.
- 5Add bean sprouts to the Wok and stir fry until hot. Add veggies and stir fry until tender-crisp.
- 6Add pork & shrimp back into the Wok. Stir fry about 5 mins and add the eggs. Stir quickly to cook the eggs and distribute throughout the veggies & meat.
- 7Add in the rice. Add Soy sauce to taste, as you stir & toss everything together.