Pork and Sauerkraut Roll
1 lbground pork or ground sausage
1/2 cdry breadcrumbs
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tspworcestershire sauce
1 lbsauerkraut, canned, rinsed and drained well
1/4 cchopped onion
6 slicebacon , cut in half
How to Make Pork and Sauerkraut Roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine pork, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce; mix thoroughly as you would meatloaf.
- On a long piece o waxed paper, pat the mixture into a 10"x7" rectangle.
- Combine the Sauerkraut and onions together; spread evenly over the meat leaving about 1/2 inch all around.
- Starting at the 7" end, roll up like a jelly roll.
- Place seam side down in a shallow baking dish and arrange the bacon on top slightly overlapping each piece and around the sides of the pork roll. smooth it so that the entire roast is covered in the bacon.
- Bake for 1 hour on 350 degrees! Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing into 1 inch slices.
- NOTE: Sprinkle the top of the roast with fresh cracked black pepper the entire length of the roast. It gives the roast a wonderful crust and flavor.
Also, try 1/2 lb. ground pork and 1/2 lb. Bob Evans original recipe bulk pork sausage or do as I do and double the recipe to make a 2 lb. roast in which case you may use 1 lb. ground pork and 1 lb. Bob Evans Original Recipe bulk pork sausage.