Pork and Pinto Bean Stew(crockpot)
- 1 1/2 lb
- pork roast, cubed
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 c
- dry pinto beans, soaked(i use the quick-soak method)*
- 2 qt
- small onion, chopped
- green chili, diced(or 4 oz. can diced green chili)
- 1 c
- tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp
- chili powder(to taste)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder(or 1 clove garlic, minced)
- 1/4 c
- fresh cilantro(or 1 t dried)
- salt and pepper
How to Make Pork and Pinto Bean Stew(crockpot)
- 1Heat oil in skillet and cook and stir cubes of pork until nicely browned on all sides.
- 2Add pork, soaked and drained beans,water and all remaining ingredients(except fresh cilantro, if using) to crock. Cook on high 5 or six hrs. until beans are very tender. Stir in fresh cilantro
- 3*to quick-soak beans: Place in pot with covering an inch above beans. Bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and soak one hr. Drain.
**When I have plenty of time for these to be in the crockpot(maybe 7 or 8hrs.), I sometimes omit the soaking.