Polish Kraut and Apples1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbfresh or canned sauerkraut
1 lbpolish sausage, lean, smoked
3tart cooking apples, thickly sliced
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tspcaraway seeds, optional
3/4 capple juice or cider
How to Make Polish Kraut and Apples
- Rinse sauerkraut and squeeze dry.
- Place half of the sauerkraut in a slow cooker.
- Cut sausage into 2-inch lengths.
- Place in slow cooker.
- Continue to layer in slow cooker, in order, apples, brown sugar, salt, pepper and, if desired, caraway seeds.
- Top with remaining sauerkraut.
- Add apple juice.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours or until apples are tender.
- Stir before serving.