★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largehead cabbage
6 mediumpotatoes, peeled & halved
3 lbcountry ribs
2 capple cider vinegar
1 cbarley, uncooked
How to Make Polish Cabbage and Ribs
- Place Country Ribs in bottom of pot.
- Cut cabbage into chunks and place as next layer. Also add peeled, quartered onions.
- Place potatoes on top of cabbage.
- Add barley, sugar and vinegar. Now add about 2 cups of water.
- As pot comes to boil, check to see if additional water is needed. The barley will thicken the liquid a little and as the cabbage boils down it will also add liquid. Be sure NOT to add too much liquid. Cook and as it boils down, stir occasionally. When meat is done it is ready. This actually tastes best the next day.