Plum Sauced Pork Steaks
1/2 cchopped yellow onion
2 Tbspbacon drippings
12 - 14 largefresh purple plums (or 1 17oz can)
1 pkgkool aid lemonade mix
1/3 cseafood cocktail sauce
1/4 cdark soy sauce
1 tspdry mustard
1 tspdry ground ginger
2 tspworchestershire sauce
4 large1 inch pork steaks
How to Make Plum Sauced Pork Steaks
- Saute onions in bacon drippings until tender.
- Put plums, and sugar into food processsor. Puree until smooth.
- Add plums to skillet with onions. Add all remaining ingredients and cook on low heat, stirring until mixture is thick.
- Meanwhile, start charcoal allowing about 15 - 20 minutes for them to heat. Put on pork steaks and baste thoroughly with sauce. Baste again every time steaks are turned. Turn at least three times.
- Serve hot w/ additional sauce on side.
- Freeze remaining sauce in small containers for your next time grilling. Enjoy!