1 lbground beef or sausage
2-3 cegg noodles or twists (rotini)
1/2 can(s)chopped onions, divided
2 can(s)pizza sauce, divided
1 can(s)mushroom pieces, drained
1 pkgpepperoni (small ones are better)
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
How to Make Pizza Casserole
- Brown meat, add some onions to it for flavor. I use sausage but beef works just as well.
- Boil noodles according to package directions, drain
- Mix cooked meat with the remainder of the onions, half of the pepperoni, mushrooms and one can of pizza sauce and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cheese
- Spread meat mixture on the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. I prefer to use glass pan because it cleans up so much easier.
- Mix noodles with remaining pepperoni, 1/2 to 3/4 cup cheese and remaining pizza sauce
- Spread noodle mixture evenly over meat mixture
- Top with remaining cheese and bake in 350 oven for 25 to 30 minutes until everything is cooked through and cheese is melted