A Pistolette is a roll. Cobblestone Mills makes pistolette rolls but if you cannot find that they are oval shaped brown and serve rolls. About the size of a dinner roll, maybe a little bigger.
2 lbground meat of your choice (i use hamburger or ground turkey 85/15)
1 boxfrozen broccoli, chopped (thawed and drained)
16 ozvelveeta cheese
1 can(s)rotel drained
10 ozfresh mushrooms chopped
2dozen pistolette rolls
1 boxfrozen spinach, chopped (thawed and drained)
How to Make Pistolettes
- Chop mushrooms.
- Drain spinach and brocolli, cook according to package, drain and pat dry. (I put it on some paper towels and lay paper towels over it and pat dry.
- Saute the meat, onions and mushrooms. (Season with salt and pepper to your liking). Add drained rotel and saute a minute.
- cube Velveeta and add to pan with meat, onions, mushrooms and rotel until melted and mixed well.
- Remove from heat. Add in broccoli and spinach. Taste and season as desired. I like to add in a little spicy season mix (your choice) or some Cavender's.
- Cut a circle of the end of the roll out and remove the bread, saving the bread cap to put back on. Stuff each roll with the mixture and replace the roll top with a toothpick to secure it.
- Rub all over with butter and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. You can also freeze to cook later. I place them in a plastic freezer bag and just take out what I need. When you cook from them being frozen, pop them in the oven at 250 for 10 to 15 minutes, then bake at 350 for 15 minutes.