PINEAPPLE GLAZED RIBS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
4 lbpork spareribs for bbq or country-style pork, rinsed
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 tspgrated ginger
1 tspgarlic, chopped
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 can(s)crushed pineapple
1 cbrown sugar
1/4 csoy sauce
1/4 capple cider vinegar
How to Make PINEAPPLE GLAZED RIBS
- Arrange spareribs in a roasting pan, season with salt. Cover pan with foil, sealing tightly.
- Bake in the oven for 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- While the ribs are baking, heat vegetable oil in a 3 or 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, add ginger and garlic, worcestershire sauce, pineapple and brown sugar, stir till well mixed.
- In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch, soy sauce, water, apple cider vinegar, stir well.
- Pour into saucepan, stirring continuously until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Discard the liquid and drippings from the ribs, pour the sauce evenly over the ribs, cover with the foil and bake for another 1/2 hour at 375 degrees.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for another hour or until soft and tender.
- Skim off the fat and oil, discard.
- Cut ribs into serving pieces and place on a serving platter. Spoon the sauce over the ribs and serve hot.