Philippine Pork Adobo -Crockpot
Adapted from a recipe by Life's Ambrosia.
- 2 1/2 lb
- country style pork ribs or pork shoulder steak
- salt & pepper
- yellow onion, sliced
- 8 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- whole peppercorns or 1 t cracked black pepper
- bay leaves
- 1/4 c
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- rice vinegar
- cooked rice
- sliced green onions, chopped cilantro
How to Make Philippine Pork Adobo -Crockpot
- 1Line crockpot with liner bag or lightly spray with cooking spray. Place slices of onions in bottom of crockpot. I do this to help prevent the meat from sticking to the liner.
- 2Lightly season both sides of the pork with salt and ground pepper. Place on top of onions.
- 3Spread the garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves evenly over the pork. Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar.
- 4Cover and set on high. Check at approx 4 hours. The pork was very tender at that point without falling completely apart.
- 5Serve atop cooked rice. Garnish with green onions, cilantro. I also sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes.